Leadership can be confusing because leaders come in all shapes and sizes, with all kinds of backgrounds, training, and experience.
You can’t pick good leaders out of a crowd. They come from all walks of life.
- Some are highly educated, some aren’t.
- Some are highly trained, some are primarily self taught.
- Some have years of experience, some vey little.
- Some are great speakers, some very mediocre.
- Some are warm and personable, some are like cold fish.
- Some are fit and in great shape, others couldn’t care less.
- Some are snappy dressers, some are in sweatsuits.
You won’t pick the great ones out by looking at their pictures or reading their resumes. You have to watch them in action. What makes them similar is inside.
So what’s the unifying characteristic? What do they all have?